Saturday 27 July 2013

Fixes accepted and upstreamed. Continuous mode Upstream effort Round 3

The fixes I sent upstream were accepted! :)

So now the adc driver will have correct one-shot adc reading since 3.11-rc3.

Greg KH has a way with patches. This space is wrong. Fix.
And he'll stop reviewing the thing! lol.

Thankfully I'm getting comfortable with git rebase.
Fix and resend.

GregKH This indent is wrong. Fix.
Fix and resend.

A dozen exchanges like this came the much awaited.
Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
And then
Signed-off-by: Russ Dill <russ.dill@ti.com>

Finally!

I have sent the patch upstream
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.input/31272

Lets see what IIO has to say about it. I'm kinda happy with the driver now. It wasn't good previously.
The only intricate thing in my mind is the way I used IIO triggers.
Triggers are meant to be used for acquiring one sample. I used the iio trigger to acquire a buffer of samples. Who knows. Maybe they aren't solely for acquiring one sample and its my misjudgment. I couldn't find from the wikis..

Lets see

ZubairLK

No comments:

Post a Comment